Be A Siouxper Volunteer!
SiouxperCon needs volunteers to help our annual convention become a rousing success.If you are interested in helping, fill out our form and be a Siouxper Hero!
You will be required to check in at the beginning and end of each shift. Volunteers must perform the duties assigned and must heed the direction of the SIOUXPERCON staff. Examples of duties include, but are not limited to:
- Registration Table Assistance: (including but not limited to answering attendee questions about the convention and convention amenities, assisting staff with collecting and disbursement of convention incentive items, badges and assisting with the sale and pickup of convention passes.)
- Information Assistance, Line & Crowd Control: (including but not limited to monitoring and helping to disperse crowd congestion, informing attendees about specified areas, organizing and directing attendees to form lines for signings, entry, etc, and capping lines to prevent additional attendees from joining a line queue.)
- Friday Convention Setup: (including but not limited to assisting exhibitors with their setup, assembling displays and cases, moving and arranging tables and chairs, moving and organizing boxes, displays and more with dispersed loads of up to 50lbs per person, and installing and setting up signs and convention decor.)
- Sunday Convention Breakdown: (including but not limited to exhibitors with table breakdowns, disassembling and packing displays and cases, moving and stacking tables and chairs, moving, organizing and packing boxes, displays and more with dispersed loads of up to 50lbs per person, and removing and packing signs and convention decor.)
- Film & Panel Room Entry Monitoring: (including but not limited to checking for badge pass access at the film room door; permitting those with appropriate passes to enter while politely rejecting violators and directing them to Registration to purchase access.)
- Exhibitor & Featured Guest Assistance: (including but not limiting to booth monitoring for exhibitors, acting as go-betweens for SiouxperCon Staff and Exhibitors, Acting as a personal assistant to a Featured Guest, etc.)
- Gophering: (including but not limited to providing supplies, food and beverage and/or completing other errands at the request of the staff/exhibitors)
- Gaming Area (Table-Top): spend the day demonstrating games and encouraging attendees to join in on the experience. This sort of volunteer is someone who is great engaging the public and also happens to appreciate the finer points in various games shared during the SiouxperCon celebration.
Duties will be assigned the day of the show based on availability of position and the volunteer. While each volunteer will be assigned a position in the start of your shift, you may be asked to fulfill another position if needs and programming change. Volunteers must complete the duties assigned to them during that shift and cannot break from their duties to attend a signing, panel or any other show attraction. SIOUXPERCON is depending on the diligence of the volunteer during those hours
Volunteers are NOT permitted to:
- Handle or be in charge of money unless instructed to do so by SIOUXPERCON Staff.
- Manage an Exhibitor’s booth.
- Give interviews to the press on the behalf of the show.
- Must be 18 years of age by April 1st, 2017.
- Must be able to complete at least a minimum of one 4 hour shift over the course of the convention .
- In order to be eligible for a SIOUXPERCON Weekend Badge and the SIOUXPERCON Volunteer Swag, must work at least two 4 hour shifts.
Dress comfortably, as you will be only given one shirt for the whole weekend. If you need to wear it more than one day, we recommend you wear another shirt underneath the SIOUXPERCON shirt. Shorts and slacks are permitted. No sandals or open-toed shoes are allowed. Please do not wear heavy or intrusive jewelry (“intrusive” being anything that can potentially harm you or people around you).
The SIOUXPERCON volunteer shirt must be worn during all shifts the volunteer works. SIOUXPERCON cannot guarantee a shirt in your size. If SIOUXPERCON is out of shirts in the volunteer’s size, the volunteer must wear a shirt of a larger size. If all sizes are too small, the volunteer will not be furnished a shirt.
While working as a volunteer, you are representing SIOUXPERCON. It is essential that you are kind, courteous, knowledgeable and professional at all times to ensure attendees and exhibitors enjoy the show.
Volunteers who work one 4 hour-shift receive a free 1-Day Badge into the convention and volunteer t-shirt! If volunteers work at least two 4 hour-shifts then the volunteer earns a full Weekend Badge, t-shirt, and swag bag.
If you are assigned to assist with an Exhibitor/Featured Guest at their table, booth or signing session, please respect and help enforce that Featured Guest’s policies. Some examples of those are as follows:
A Featured Guest may or may not charge for autographs. This is at their discretion and is beyond the control of SIOUXPERCON. Please make note of an Exhibitor/Featured Guest’s autograph policy and cost to help answer attendee inquiries and manage expectations.
An Exhibitor/Featured Guest may or may not allow a photo to be taken of them solo or with fans. Those who do allow photography may charge for it. This is at their discretion and is beyond the control of SIOUXPERCON. Please make note of a Featured Guest’s photography policy and cost to help answer attendee inquiries, manage expectations and enforce accepted use of cameras.