ALL PROPS RESEMBLING WEAPONS must be inspected, “Peace Tied,” and approved by Staff and/or Security prior to being carried or displayed in public areas. If you are found to be in violation of this policy, you will be asked to take it back to your hotel room or vehicle. If there are continued violations with the same prop, your weapon will be confiscated and you may be ejected from the convention.
ALL projectile weapons are prohibited.
Prop guns will be permitted, pending inspection by Security, only if they meet the following criteria:
- They have no clips or moving parts
- They have a non-removable orange safety tip
- Remain Peace Tied at all times
No live steel (edged metal weapons) will be permitted. Bladed replica weapons must be made of a non-metal, non-sharp material, must be no more than 72 inches in length, and must be approved by Security.
Commercial weapon replicas purchased in the dealer room must remain peace-bonded/wrapped at all times, and must be taken directly to your hotel room or car after purchase. They may not be carried around the convention. If you are seen carrying a non-compliant weapon in convention areas, it will be confiscated and held by Security until the end of the convention.
If convention staff feel that your prop poses a risk to others, you will be asked to remove the item from public areas, or it may be confiscated.
- Candles, fireworks, sparklers, liquid fuels or other fire hazards are strictly prohibited.
- Please avoid loose materials such as sand, glitter, confetti, flower petals or other items that are designed to fall, scatter, or otherwise separate from your costume.
- Please do not bring in props that too closely resemble drugs or alcohol.