SiouxperCon encourages our attendees to enjoy wearing their costumes and gear. For the safety and enjoyment of everyone, please observe the following rules. Please note these rules apply to ALL ATTENDEES, whether or not you are wearing a costume.
SiouxperCon staff, sponsors, vendors and immediate family of sponsors and vendors may not enter the contest.
Personal Interaction Policy:
- DO NOT touch another person, or his/ her costume, without permission. Uninvited touching or grabbing will not be tolerated. Repeated violators will be ejected from the convention.
- Be respectful of others. No harassment, catcalling, verbal abuse or stalking will be tolerated. You will be ejected from the convention immediately.
- SiouxperCon is intended to be a safe space for all attendees, guests, and staff to come together and share in their fandoms. If you feel you are being harassed by any attendee, staff, guest, of member of the general public, please contact Security or convention staff and provide them with a description of the incident as well as the person, including what they were wearing and the area it happened. DO NOT engage in retaliation or in any way escalate the event.
- You may not lead another person around with leashes, handcuffs, chains, ropes, etc.
- Entrants must exhibit good sportsmanship and remain professional at all times. Rude behavior and offensive remarks or insults toward staff, judges, or other entrants may be considered grounds for disqualification.
- Cosplay is a PG-13 event. Offensive language and sexual humor is not allowed. Be clever, not crass. Judgment on appropriateness of material is left to the discretion of the Cosplay Director and Cosplay Staff.
- Clothing or signs that display messages deemed to be inappropriate or offensive to others (including, but not limited to, explicit language, homophobic, sexually suggestive or racially offensive material) will not be permitted. Convention staff reserves the right to ask attendees to change or cover offensive clothing. Failure to comply will result in your badge being confiscated. SiouxperCon is an all-inclusive event and encourages diversity and respect.
- If you wish to take a photo, please ask the cosplayer for permission first.
- Do not block hallways or public areas while taking phots. If you are taking a phot, please move to one side of the hallway against a wall or move to another area.
- All costumes must provide as much body coverage as a bikini. Underwear and/or supportive garments must be worn underneath revealing or skin-tight costumes. If your costume does not meet these criteria you may be asked to change or not permitted to walk the stage. Body paint is not a costume. Also no nudity or adult- themed props are permitted. Laws of public decency apply. SiouxperCon staff reserves the right to make final judgment calls on what is “decent”. If staff feels that your costume is indecent or inappropriate in any way, you will be asked to change or cover up.
- Appropriate footwear is required at all times in the hotel and convention area. If your costume calls for bare feet, you may wear flip- flops or ballet slippers, but the soles of your feet should not come in contact with the floor.
- Inline skates (i.e. Rollerblades), roller skates, Togo skates, sneaker skates (i.e. Heelys), and the like may not be worn or used in the convention area or on the contest stage.
- You must have a clear line of sight this includes peripheral vision, being only able to see through a tiny eye slot does NOT constitute a clear line of sight. If this is unavoidable, cosplayer MUST have a handler at all times. Other cosplayers with masks or heads do not qualify as a handler.
- Entrants must be able to enter and exit the stage quickly on their own or with the assistance of a handler.
- Candles, fireworks, sparklers, liquid fuels or other fire hazards are strictly prohibited.
- Please avoid loose materials such as sand, glitter, confetti, flower petals or other items that are designed to fall, scatter, or otherwise spate from your costume.
- No fake blood that can be smeared, squirted, dripped, sprayed or otherwise be transferred to another person or surface is allowed. This includes any type of dye, food coloring, or makeup.
- Body makeup that easily smears or transfers to any person or property cannot be worn. Please properly seal and set all makeup so that does not happen.
Props/ Weapons Policy
ALL PROPS RESEMBLING WEAPONS must be inspected, “Peace Tied”, and approved by Staff and/ or Security prior to being carried or displayed in public area. If you are found to be in violation of this policy, you will be asked to take it back to your hotel room or vehicle. If there are continued violations with the same prop, your weapon will be confiscated and you may be ejected from the convention.
ALL projectile weapons are prohibited.
Prop guns will be permitted, pending inspection by Security, only if they meet the following criteria:
- They have no clips or moving parts.
- They have a non-removable orange safety tip.
- Remain “Peace Tied” at all times.
No live steel (edged metal weapons) will be permitted. Bladed replica weapons must be made of a non-metal, non- sharp material, must be no longer than 72 inches in length, and must be approved by Security.
Commercial weapon replicas purchased in the dealer room must remain peace- bonded/ wrapped at all times, and must be taken directly to your hotel room or car after purchase. They may not be carried around the convention. If you are seen carrying a non-compliant weapon in convention areas, it will be confiscated and held by Security until the end of the convention.
If the convention staff feels that your prop poses a risk to others, you will be asked to remove the item from public areas, or it may be confiscated.
SiouxperCon staff is not able to pre-approve weapons and props before the convention. A determination can only be made after it is inspected by Security at the convention.
Please remember that SiouxperCon is subject to the venue’s policies and the judgement of the venue’s management. The venue reserves the right to ban props or costumes form the premises.
Please do not bring in props that too closely resemble drugs or alcohol.